Object Size by Triangulation
Determines a remote body size and height from three geological compass inclination measurements and one base distance
This code solves a classic triangulation task.
Elevations above the horizon are positive, below - negative.
1. Use the compass clinometer to measure elevation \(\alpha\) to the object’s top;
2. Use the compass clinometer to measure elevation \(\beta\) to the object’s bottom;
3. Move towards the object by distance Base;
4. Measure elevation \(\gamma\) to the object’s bottom;
5. Don't forget to add your "eye-height" h.
Download source code: Triangulation_Size.py